Pots de Crème are a luxurious french custard that are traditionally served in pot shaped dishes and are seriously one of the most amazing desserts. Easy, fast and perfect for a special evening with the one you love. It whips together in minutes and can chill out in the fridge until you are ready to serve and impress your guests.
- 7 oz high quality dark chocolate
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 egg yolks whisked
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a blender, chop up the chocolate.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and egg yokes. Stir constantly over medium heat until the custard starts to bubble thicken slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the hot custard mixture into the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour into ramekins or other desired serving cups and refrigerate for at least two hours to set.
- Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.