Pots de Crème are a luxurious french custard that are traditionally served in pot shaped dishes and are seriously one of the most amazing desserts. Easy, fast and perfect for a special evening with the one you love. It whips together in minutes and can chill out in the fridge until you are ready to serve and impress your guests.
Chocolate Pots de CrèmePrint Pin Rate
- 7 oz high quality dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 egg yolks whisked
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a blender, chop up the chocolate.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and egg yokes. Stir constantly over medium heat until the custard starts to bubble thicken slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the hot custard mixture into the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour into ramekins or other desired serving cups and refrigerate for at least two hours to set.
- Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.