So you’ve got an air fryer and have a craving for donuts early in the morning (or late at night) and don’t want to run to the donut shop? Open that can of biscuits and get to donut making, because you will be eating some freshly air fried donuts in less than 10 minutes.
This is not the type of recipe I usually post. It’s a total cheater recipe but it totally works. These are definitely not from scratch donuts. They will
These are not the from scratch type of donut. In fact, they are made from canned biscuits. The texture is pretty close to a donut, but no, it’s not exactly the same.
You definitely won’t find me saying “OMG, these are THE BEST donuts.” Nope, they aren’t. I’ve never even made real donuts, probably because I’m too lazy. These donuts are, however, the easiest donuts you will ever make, I can promise you that.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layered Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter plus more as needed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 350° F.
- Using a small round cylinder (I use the large end of a pastry bag tip) to make holes in all of the individual biscuits on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spray your air fryer with a canola oil cooking spray to make it non-stick, then place donuts in the fry basket (as many as will fit without them touching). You can add the donut holes if they fit.
- Air fry until they start to turn golden, then flip after 3 to 4 minutes. Continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until they are golden on all sides and cooked through. The donut holes will take less time.
- Combine the sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- When the donuts are finished cooking, transfer to a sheet pan, then begin brushing them with the melted butter and dip to coat all sides in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Makes 8 donuts and 8 donut holes
- This recipe was made with Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layered Biscuits (original), but will likely work with other brands/flavors.
- These donuts are best when warm, but are still good for 1 day.
- Recipe first inspired by thekitchn.