Ok, so these brined pork chops cooked in an air fryer with green beans and topped with a mushroom-vermouth sauce are so freakin’ good. This is an easy weeknight dinner that tastes like it could be from a restaurant. You should just go ahead and make it tonight and thank me later with every bite.
Brining the pork chops isn’t required, but it takes just a little extra time, very little effort and makes a huge difference. A brine can be as simple as salt, sugar and water; but adding a few more ingredients will pack in some extra awesome flavors that you will love. Brining allows you to keep the pork chops super juicy without drying out.
Cooking the pork chops and green beans in the air fryer cooks them evenly and quickly without having to do any turning, so you can work on the mushroom-vermouth sauce at the same time.
I have to admit that when I wrote this recipe, I fully planned on using sherry for the mushroom sauce. It turned out that what was in the pantry was vermouth instead. I went ahead and used it and it turned out delicious. Instead of re-making it with sherry, here’s what you get.
Special Equipment Used
Contains affiliate links where I might receive a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
- Green Beans
- 2 Thick Cut Pork Chops (6 to 8 oz each)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp Honey or Sugar
- 2 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- 3 crushed Garlic Cloves
- 5 oz sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped Shallot
- 1 cup Dry Vermouth can substitute dry Sherry
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
To make the brine
- Bring half of the water to a boil with the rest of the ingredients, whisking to dissolve the salt and honey.
- Transfer the brine to another container big enough to hold the pork chops and add the remaining water (can be a combination of ice and water). Cool completely before adding the pork.
- Place the pork chops in the brine and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thoroughly rinse and dry the chops with paper towels. Then let the pork sit out for 15 to 30 minutes to get to room temp before cooking.
To cook the pork chops and green beans
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle oil over the pork chops and green beans, then place on the air fryer basket. The green beans will be done in about 10 minutes and the pork chops will be done in about 20 minutes, or until the desired doneness is reached.
- Rest the chops for at least 5 minutes before serving.
To make the sauce
- While the pork cooks; sauté the mushrooms in a medium skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil until they brown, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, the chopped shallot, chopped garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the vermouth and cook down until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add the heavy cream and continue to cook until the desired sauce consistency is reached.