Who doesn't love buttery garlic shrimp that only takes a few minutes to prepare? Bring your shrimp to another level by adding a few simple ingredients that make the difference; grape tomatoes and green onions. Do the prep work at home and you are just a quick sauté away from pleasing a crowd. This recipe pairs great with quinoa or rice; which can be made the night before and reheated just before serving.
Sauté the shrimp in the butter until they are almost cooked, then add the light part of the green onions. The garlic, tomatoes and dark parts of the green onions just take a few minutes to cook. Everything comes together very quickly, so be sure not to over cook it.
- 1 lb cleaned and deveined shrimp dried thoroughly
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced fine
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- ½ lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan on high until the butter melted and is just starting to turn golden.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are almost opaque all the way through; stirring frequently after the first two minutes. Shrimp overcook very easily, so be sure not to cook them too long.
- Add the garlic, light green onions first. Cook for a few more minutes on medium heat, then finish with the tomatoes and dark green onions for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze in the lemon juice and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Thanks, very good and simple recipe. I tried this using coarse grind salt and pepper.
Yep, the pics are really good.
olivia giovanni says
Your photos are amazing! I envy you for being able to take the last photo!
Garlic, butter and shrimp is my go to combo to eat with pasta.. So simple, easy and delicious 🙂
Thanks, Olivia! The flying shrimp shot was a lot of fun. I had a friend snap it while I flipped the pan. You could also try shooting something similar with a tripod and remote shutter release or self timer.
Kelley @ Chef Savvy says
Great pictures this dish looks amazing! Can't wait to try
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Loving your photography of this garlic butter shrimp! Pinned!