One of my newest and now favorite kitchen gadgets is the vegetable spiralizer. This amazing tool lets you make noodles out of just about any vegetable you can imagine. So far, I have tried zucchini, sweet potatoes and now butternut squash. The first time you set it up and place your veggie on the pedestal, it just doesn’t seem like it could possibly work. Then you start turning and these perfect noodles come out the other end. This is one of the coolest and cheapest gadgets you can get. The best part is vegetable noodles are super healthy. It gives you the opportunity to enjoy delicious pasta dishes without all the carbs. Just drizzling a little olive oil over the noodles and baking for a few minutes could be enough for a meal. Of course, we don’t want to stop there.
The flavors of the butternut squash noodles, toasted walnuts and a little brown butter go together so well. It’s a perfect simple dish for the beginning of fall.
Spiralizing is super easy, but it can be a little intimidating at first. I will definitely be making a post a post for how to use the spiralizer that will come soon since I plan on turning out a lot more vegetable noodle recipes.
Butternut Squash Noodles with WalnutsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 bunch green onions sliced, light and dark parts separated
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spiralize the butternut squash: cut off both ends; cut the bulb part off and save for another use; peel the other end and cut in half crosswise; place on the vegetable spiralizer and use the large noodle blade.
- Place the butternut squash noodles on a parchment lined baking sheet, separating all the noodles. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan until it begins to brown. Add the garlic, light parts of the green onion and half of the walnuts. Cook for a two minutes, then add the butternut squash noodles. Remove from the heat and toss in the dark parts of the green onion and half of the grated parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Top with grated parmesan and toasted walnuts.