Saint Patrick’s day may be passed us, but this is one recipe that should be around all year long. I’ve always wanted to try making a beer float, I can’t believe how delicious they are. We made them for dessert, so using shooter glasses is nice to get a taste instead of an entire meal out of it. You will probably want go back for a second (like we did).
If you don’t have Guinness, try it with your favorite stout. We also made tried these with a peanut butter milk stout from Belching Beaver brewery, which was awesome.
Just a drizzle of your favorite chocolate sauce does the trick. My current favorite is from Ghirardelli, but I’m always open to try something new.
Slowly pour the beer so it doesn’t get too foamy.
Top with some freshly whipped cream and enjoy.
- 1 bottle Guinness Drought
- 4 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- 4 drizzles chocolate sauce
- chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Place a small scoop of ice cream in each of the shooter glasses.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Slowly pour Guinness into each glass.
- Spoon whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.