Fourth of July is this week and I’d say that it’s officially popsicle season. Orange creamsicles are one of my favorite frozen treats and the ZOKU Quick Pop Maker is one of my favorite gadgets. Being able to make pops in 10 minutes makes for a fun experience when you have dinner guests. These orange creamsicles use coconut milk instead of heavy cream, and they are oh so creamy and delicious.
I decided to use orange juice concentrate because it has a much stronger orange flavor. When ingredients are frozen, their flavor diminishes. Mix the full fat coconut milk, honey and vanilla first. I found that mixing the honey with the frozen concentrate resulted in honey that didn’t want to dissolve so easily. 🙂
Pour the mixture in your ZOKU Quick Pop Maker or any other popsicle molds. Standard popsicle molds can take up to 5 hours to freeze, so plan ahead.
The pops are ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes.
Orange Creamsicle RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the coconut milk, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl until honey is dissolved, then mix in the orange juice concentrate. (*Adding the frozen concentrate before the honey is dissolved will make for a lot more stirring.)
- Pour the creamsicle mixture into your frozen ZOKU Quick Pop maker and your creamsicles will be ready in about 10 minutes. If using regular popsicle molds, they will take about 5 hours to freeze.