It’s the second week of the new year, and the gyms are no longer packed with “I will go to the gym” resolution enthusiasts. A much easier and enjoyable way to detox and get some needed nutrition is through a delicious and arguably healthy cocktail. Vermont Smoke & Cure sent me some of their new Uncured Bacon Pork Sticks to try, and they happen to pair great with a stiff and spicy Bloody Mary. The drink recipe was created in collaboration with the Juniper Restaurant & Bar at Hotel Vermont, and is garnished with one of the Bacon Pork Sticks, along with lots of other goodies. As someone who loves to mountain bike and be outdoors, I’m always looking for new snacks to eat out on the trail. These are great to take along for the ride or a hike to stay fueled up, then have again in a delicious cocktail when returning home.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 4.5 oz. tomato juice
- ¼ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground celery seed
- ½ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. pickle juice OR olive brine
- ¾ tsp. of fresh grated horseradish
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- Vermont Smoke & Cure Uncured Bacon Pork Stick for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, stir together vodka, tomato juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, celery seed, pickle juice, hot sauce and horseradish.
- Fill an 11-ounce highball glass with ice and pour in the mixture.
- Garnish with a Vermont Smoke & Cure Uncured Bacon Pork Stick and lemon wedge, and enjoy!
This post was written in partnership with Vermont Smoke & Cure. All thoughts and opinions are my own.