Corn is one of the best fresh summer ingredients that we wait all year to come into season. It also happens to be excellent in salsa, and even better when it's grilled. It gives it a smokey and sweet flavor that perfectly balances out the heat and acidity from the lime and the freshness from the cilantro.
Awesome ingredients make this. Blue Corn Tortilla chips not only taste great, but the color looks beautiful next to the yellows, reds and greens in the salsa. Food Should Taste Good makes chips that have great flavor and texture. If you live in San Diego, be sure to visit Specialty Produce or your local farmer's market for the freshest ingredients available.
Don't be afraid to get some really dark grill marks on the corn by turning the heat up and brushing a little oil onto the corn before grilling. You can even grill some of the green onions for another flavor element.
Combine all ingredients and fine-tune to your taste by adjusting the lime juice, chile pepper and salt.
More Grilling Recipes
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 2 ears corn husked
- oil for grilling
- 2 large tomatoes diced into ¼" pieces
- ¼ cup red onion chopped fine
- 1 bunch green onions green parts sliced thin
- ½ cup cilantro coursly chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 chile pepper such as a jalapeno, seeds removed and chipped fine
- kosher salt & pepper
- Pre-heat grill on high. Brush oil on the corn, then season well with salt & pepper. Grill the corn and rotate every few minutes until it has nice grill marks on all sides. You can also grill the white parts of the green onions. Set aside to cool, then cut the corn off the cob.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, diced tomatoes, red onion, green onion, cilantro, half the lime juice, jalapeno pepper (add a little at a time if you are afraid of making it too hot) and season well with kosher salt & freshly ground pepper. Adjust the lime juice, salt and chile pepper to your taste.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
This post was written in partnership with Food Should Taste Good. All thoughts and opinions are my own.