It's always really tough getting back into our healthy eating habits after the holidays. We have been enjoying pecan pie, apple pie, stuffing, cranberry sauce and so many other treats we wait all year long to indulge in. It's time for a cleanse. This winter quinoa salad is a great transition away from all the sweets because it combines ingredients you have been eating over the last few months in a very healthy way. In fact, quinoa has a ton of health benefits that you can learn about on Well-Being Secrets. Everything in the ingredients list can easily be substituted for whatever you have in your pantry.
The quinoa can be substituted with couscous, farrow, or brown rice; pecans can be substituted with any nuts you have on hand; cranberries with any dried fruit; and the lemon juice with vinegar. You can put just about anything in this salad that sounds good.
Simply combine all the ingredients and enjoy. Can be made a day ahead of time.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ apple cored and diced
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ small onion chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 celery stalks cleaned and diced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 lemon juiced (2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil quick drizzle
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Adjust lemon juice for your preference and season with salt & pepper.