We were eating dinner at urbn coal fired pizza when I had this salad for the first time. It is so light and refreshing and is the easiest thing to throw together. I would always avoid arugula because of its somewhat bitter and peppery flavor. As soon as I tried it with a citrus vinaigrette, I was hooked. Goes great with pizza, or just about anything else you could imagine. This is my new go-to salad.
Baby Arugula Salad + Lemon VinaigrettePrint Pin Rate
- 7 oz baby arugula
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese coarsely grated
- salt + pepper
To make the vinaigrette:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice, zest, honey, salt and pepper until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion
- Mix the arugula, citrus vinaigrette and parmesan cheese.
- Mix arugula, parmesan and vinaigrette just before serving. Season with freshly ground pepper.