This Roasted Cauliflower recipe couldn’t be easier to make. The Panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and other seasonings, give this easy cauliflower side dish great flavor and a nice golden brown crispy crunch.
I think cauliflower often gets overlooked when we think of tasty side dishes. And if it’s not cooked properly, it can be pretty bland. It also doesn’t have a vibrant eye-catching color like other vegetables, but that doesn’t mean it’s without potential. There are so many layers of flavors that can be developed with different preparations and seasonings. Cauliflower can easily be rich and flavorful while still being healthy.
This quick roasted cauliflower recipe is one I turn to for weeknight meals, and it's actually hearty and satisfying enough to be eaten as a meal itself.
How To Cut Cauliflower
There is nothing too complicated about cutting cauliflower. You will want to make sure to cut the florets into a uniform size to ensure even cooking.
To cut the cauliflower:
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice cauliflower in half from the top of the head through the stem.
- Cut each half into 4 additional pieces, slicing vertically.
- Slice the core off of each piece, leaving just the florets.
- Use your hands to remove the large florets from the core.
- Finish by chopping all the large pieces into smaller florets, all about the same size.
How To Make This Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Start this roasted cauliflower recipe by preheating the oven to 400 degrees and chop cauliflower according to the instructions above.
Then, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, half the parmesan and half the Panko Breadcrumbs, nutmeg and salt + pepper.
Next, transfer the cauliflower mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining breadcrumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes and then sprinkle cauliflower with remaining parmesan cheese and broil for 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden crispy. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy immediately.
Is Cauliflower Healthy?
Cauliflower is not the typical green, leafy vegetable we think of as healthy, but it is actually very nutritious. In fact, cauliflower contains more vitamin C than oranges! Cauliflower is also high in fiber and it's a good source of vitamin K. It also contains tons of other vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
How To Reheat Leftover Cauliflower
The best way to reheat roasted cauliflower is in the oven. There's always the option of microwaving leftover roasted cauliflower and it is the fastest way. However, reheating it in the oven will give it a much more crispy texture. To reheat leftover roasted cauliflower in the oven, place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Heat oven to 350 degrees F and cook for about 8-10 minutes and until heated through.
What To Serve With Roasted Cauliflower
This garlic parmesan flavored cauliflower pairs well with so many meals! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Looking For Other Cauliflower Recipes? Try These Favorites:
If you haven’t tried roasted cauliflower yet, it’s time you learn how to roast cauliflower to absolute parmesan perfection with this recipe. It’s so delicious and easy!
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan grated
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt + pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, half the parmesan, nutmeg, half of the panko. Season with salt and pepper.
- Move ingredients to a baking dish (I usually use an 8x8 glass dish). Sprinkle remaining panko on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden and crispy
Leave a Reply