I think cauliflower gets a bit of a bad name, but it sure seems to be popular these days. It really is one of the most flavorful and diverse veggies around. There are so many layers of flavors that can be developed with different preparations and seasonings. It can be rich and flavorful while being healthy.
This quick roasted cauliflower recipe is one I turn to for weeknight meals, and it can be eaten as a meal itself.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt + pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower, olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, half the parmesan, nutmeg, half of the panko. Season with salt and pepper.
- Move ingredients to a baking dish (I usually use an 8x8 glass dish). Sprinkle remaining panko on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden and crispy