Your quick guide to the best sides for brisket! A delicious and juicy brisket deserves the perfect sides to complement its big flavors. Whether you're looking for classic dishes or unique and creative options, we've got you covered on what to serve with brisket.
Brisket is a staple on barbecue menus. As wonderful as smoked brisket is by itself, it's really the sides that bring it all together and make for the most memorable meal. Sides that complement the smoky, super rich flavors are. Classics like coleslaw, potato salad and pickled red onions deserve a spot on the table every time. Lighter salads and veggie sides add some healthy nutrition to the spread.
A Few Tips for Throwing the Best BBQ
- Use butcher paper as your tablecloth. You can even write right on it for the buffet table and make cool signs.
- Provide plenty of napkins or just bring out the roll of paper towels. Things are going to get messy. Make some DIY wet wipes with lemon for clean hands after a messy meal.
- Batch a signature cocktail. Try this classic whiskey sour or a mezcal margarita which is great with smoked meat.
- Don't do too much. A few sides is really all you need to go along with the main attraction, which in this case is brisket.
- It's all in the prep. Start early and even smoke your brisket overnight. Make sides the day before. They are usually easy to store in teh fridge and re-heat when you need them.
- Give away the leftovers - Pick up some to go containers so your guests can bring somethign home with them.
Now let's get to the sides!
Classic Sides For Brisket
Here are some classic sides that pair perfectly with juicy, smoky flavorful brisket.
Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
Classic American Potato Salad Recipe
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe
Pickled Red Onions
Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce
Bread and Butter Pickles
Unique and Creative Sides
Elevate your BBQ menu with some unique and creative side dishes that will surprise and delight your taste buds.
Grilled Corn Salad
Blistered Shishito Peppers
Crispy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes
Smoked Mac and Cheese
Scalloped Potato Recipe
Simple Sautéed Corn Recipe
Smoked Baked Beans Recipe
Grilled Broccolini Recipe
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
German Potato Salad
Green Bean + Bacon Salad
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potato Bites
Perfect Green Beans
Healthy and Light Options
Explore some healthier options that are on the lighter side to complement the savory and rich brisket.
Baby Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Parmesan
Kale and Sweet Potato Salad
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Heirloom Tomato Salad
The feast wouldn't be complete without the desserts. And you really have to "wow" everyone after the impressive brisket.
Individual Berry Trifle Recipe
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream
Smoked Apple Crisp Recipe
Individual Peach Crisps
Apple Crisp Ice Cream
Grilled Peach-Bourbon Ice Cream
Pairing the right sides for your brisket feast is so important to making the most memorable meal. While you might not need many, having a few diverse options is a great way to make sure everyone gets somethign they will love.
After you feast, be sure to check out all the leftover brisket recipes for using up all that amazing brisket. And learn a ton more about brisket in the Brisket 101 Guide.
Leave a Reply